7 down this weekend.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well the weekend started out very well just a few minutes into the hunt and I spotted a lone boar out rooting in a pasture! After a several hundred yard stalk I hit record and took a shoulder shot, the boar took off like a bolt of lightning! As he was running I took two more shots one miss and one good solid thud. He ran into a brush pile and collapsed but he had still covered about 60 yards. After what happened with the gold dots last trip I was worried that somehow I grabbed the wrong magazine's but no it was my trusty 120 sst's. The first shot hit center shoulder and exited behind the opposite shoulder. There were chunks of lung all down his side and a piece of lung hanging out about 2"x 2". He was 210 pounds.

Not 15 minutes later I spot another lone boar crossing a open pasture but moving at an angle away from me. As I was trying to figure out how to get in front of him he suddenly changed directions and started coming down the fence line right towards me! When he was about 60 yards I took a forehead shot and he was DRT he weighed 240 pounds. There was a sounder with him but they made it across the fence where I cannot shoot and will live to star in my next hunting video I guess.

The next boar was just out rooting in a open pasture the wind was perfect and I stalked up to about 60 yards again and put one right behind his ear he went down DRT and was a healthy 245 pounds with some nice cutters.

After that I met up with some friends and we took out on his golf cart he was showing me the property when I spotted another lone boar. I told him there was a hog and he tells me no those are horses after bantering back and forth for a few minutes I finally told him no look about 500-600 yards out then he sees the hog LOL. I was trying for another neck shot but he was moving and it hit back on the shoulder. He ran in a complete circle about 30 yards spewing blood out the whole way almost dying in the spot where I shot him.
This is the exit side he was 190 pounds.

Ended up killing 6 boars and one pregnant sow it was a fun hunt.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
Nice and at least the last hog didn't run off while trying to convince him (to look) it wasn't a horse.

PS: Is the tripod for the gun, camera, poses or all?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice seein' those DRTs once again. I figured you were back to the mags stuffed with the 120s.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea Rat I'm back to the 120's that first one scared me running like that.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting. Keep that kill count climbing

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
that's a good weekend, good part about your stories is you take great pictures to go along with it