7.62x39 subsonic ammo from Detroit Ammo

LSB Active Member
Have not had a chance to test it yet, but it's on the way. A bit premature for me as my can won't be here for some time, but 2 of my buddies will be blasting this stuff next week suppressed so will get a report on the accuracy in close. Will be fun to pop raccoons, dillos and possums on slow days in the stand. They have lighter expanding soft point brass 150's that are single shot/won't cycle semi-autos and heavier steel 220's that will cycle your AR/AK.

7.62x39 Archives - Detroit Ammo Co.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you going to try to run this in a 1-10 twist or the recommended 1-7? I don't care if it is a single shot I just want quiet for shooting in the backyard and to kill a coon, armadillo or possum

LSB Active Member
1-10. I'm interested to see how it runs. My buddy had a PWS MK116 in 300 bo with 16" in 1-10 and he ran the Remington UMC 220g subs was plenty accurate to kill coons out to 150 with the Triji ACOG he smoked a ton of nuisance animals last season with it. So, I'm hoping some of that carries over to the MK116 16" in 1-10 with 7.62x39. If not no biggie I didn't buy this caliber rifle to shoot subs it's a proven killer out to 200 thus far with supers, but if's accurate enough to hit a coon at 40-50 yards I'll be happy enough to use it while waiting on deer.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just what I need in the backyard, or at the feeder at the lease 50-75yds, just curious how quiet with and without a suppressor, make a utube once you get the ammo.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah I want to hear the 7.62x39 have no interest in the 300. don't need a dvr just any camera with video and upload to youtube, even by your phone I imagine

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks!!

Mel Glass

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We killed a few hogs with the load they used to make with the Outlaw State bullet. I have also shot some of the 150gr sub. Was just as quiet as the 300blk subs.

LSB Active Member
We killed a few hogs with the load they used to make with the Outlaw State bullet. I have also shot some of the 150gr sub. Was just as quiet as the 300blk subs.
Did you think they were 'quiet' Mel? OMG my ears still hurt and we only did one shot unsuppressed just to see...to us was deafening still. I guess my threshold is low. I'm using the Atomic Subs which use Sierra Match King 220's. anyhow the Detroits suck balled for us accuracy wise compared to the Atomics which were fantastic. Was really funny I was shooting the steel at 100 with subs/can and one of the other guys was loading corn couldn't figure out how the steel was ringing he had to come out and see b/c he couldn't hear anything but 'dinggggggg'. He could hear the bullet impact about 150 yards away, but not the sound at the gun from 50 yards.

U back in FL for the winter? Man there are so many hogs on the property no guns allowed since sept 1 we are unleashing hell on them friday night as muzzleloader just opened today. time to load up the hog hearse!