7.62x39 SST's

Discussion in 'Reloading and ammunition' started by Juanthelawnmowerthief, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Juanthelawnmowerthief

Juanthelawnmowerthief LSB Member

SST's seem to be the crowd favorite, anyone had luck with them in a x39 AR on hogs? I have a guy that wants to unload 200 of them for cheap since he sold his rifle. I would be running them in both a 12.5 and a 16 inch KS47's.

Thanks,

Juan

2. Mel Glass

Mel Glass LSB Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

They work great. I have killed 40 or so hogs with them out of a 16in.

3. theblakester

theblakester Got a black belt in keeping it real. LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Great result with the bullet in an AR47. Terrible results trying to cycle with a KS47 pistol and several different AK magazines.

4. Juanthelawnmowerthief

Juanthelawnmowerthief LSB Member

Were you running the PSA buffer in your pistol? Have you tried the same upper on a traditional AR lower with any success?

theblakester likes this.
  5. theblakester

theblakester Got a black belt in keeping it real. LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

It wasn't the buffer.. it wouldn't even cycle by hand without shooting it. The rounds would not feed into the chamber if there was any weight pushing the magazine up and or forward at all.