$64,000?

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well maybe only $5,000. I plan on hunting pigs and coyotes at night. My only experience with night vision was an Xsight that went back Monday. If you had 5K to spend on thermal (that's hard for me to justify, but I'm getting there), what thermal scope would you buy and WHY? Did I mention WHY, I trying to learn something here. Don't even bother listing and ATN product, as far as I'm concerned.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Either ******************* and talk to ******** or Armasight. Good luck!! BANG BANG!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've looked through armasight products and really like what they have to offer. I have used handheld products from L3 (x320 and MTM) and they worked great, but their scopes are stupid expensive.

In my opinion a zeus 336 or IR hunter are going to be your best bang for the buck in you price range.

Do you hunt from stands or spot and stalk? Talk to Aaron at Night Combat Solutions for Armasight stuff. He is very helpful and friendly.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's another thing, so far I've only killed one pig. I set up under an oak tree and tried calling coyotes. Fifteen minutes after dark a boar comes strolling through, I never really expected him to be there. The land owner said they had coyotes, buy no pigs. I'm looking to find more property, it may be open pasture, or it could be wooded with oak hammocks and palmettos. I'm thinking a 2X or 3X for wider FOV for stalking if wooded. Brian sent me a link to his new scope, and the more I think about it, the more sense it makes. The wider FOV is perfect for stalking up on sounders and being able to acquire targets once the action starts. BTW if anyone is interested OP has a 10% coupon on that scope tonight.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I PM'd a little with ********, just trying to learn a little about features, options, what people like about certain models, etc.

Brian mentioned the Zeus 2X 640X512, to me last night in a PM, but like he said the image quality is the same as a 336 when you go to 4X. So with a 10% discount, it's a pretty good deal. I also heard there is a firmware update that eliminates the auto-dimming.LOL

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM also did videos he posted on the IR Hunter and a few Armasight thermals. If you get a chance watch them. THERMAL THERMAL!!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The only unit I have experience with is the MKII scopes from IR defense. Stupid easy to use and very clear IMO. Keep talking with ********. He can probably get you whatever you decide on.

chthump

LSB Member
I've purchased a 336 3x and 5x Zeus, each under 5K, shot coyotes out to 350 with the 5x and 3x is great for anything under 100yds, but have shot out past 100yd with the 3x. The IR Hunter does look interesting, but I have no experience. I'm very pleased with both of the 336 Zeus scopes. I would have loved to purchase the 640, but I like have 2 scopes instead of 1.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Can anyone provide me a link to a
Armasight Predator 336 2-8x25 30 Hz Thermal Imaging Weapon Sight, FLIR Tau 2 Core TAT
video, I cannot find one as of yet

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Armasight Predator 336 2-8x25 30 Hz Thermal Imaging Weapon Sight, FLIR Tau 2 Core TAT
two ways, click on the ******************* banner at the top of this page and then click on the armasight banner on the left hand side

or

well, try that first

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are not released to the public yet.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, that is a shame to be out and no idea what you can see out of them.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
Under $5k?
In no particular order, as they all have their benifits....
Zeus 336, 42mm, 30Hz $4250
Pulsar XD50A $3395 (I am blown away by the image quality/price ratio here)
Zeus 336, 75mm, 30Hz $4850

I've used those 3 in the field and would be happy with all 3. Ive used the Predator indoors and it is nice for the money, but who knows when it will actually hit the market in quantity?