60ish Hogs Down with the Insight LWTS, FLIR PTS536, White Phosphor NV

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some fine killin' right there... and some very nice video clarity on some of those devices.

LSB Active Member
That's crazy! Did something fly off someone's rifle at 9:34? How many hunts did all that footage take? Great vid

LSB Active Member
You boys r nuts! Wanted to ask your opinion on getting hogs out in open. I'm in the swamps of FL and our pigs simply won't come out into fields. We have had 3 barrels in play for a month now abou 50 yards out from swamp. We shoot hogs in this area around the barrels quite a bit, but we simply cannot coax them out into the open. We've done holes with regular corn, stinky corn, stinky corn on the ground, attractant, rubbing posts. It's freaking nuts! Just trying to get them out where we can get more than 2 shots at a group b/f they are in the swamp. Ideas? I'm certain these hogs are not different than hogs elsewhere....or maybe I'm wrong. They like this grass right now, but only about 10 yards out from cover.

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would try finding some new places where the hogs aren't constantly being shot at, lol. Hogs that see a lot of hunting pressure wise up quickly and are typically much more difficult to hunt. Most of the places I hunt here in East Texas are pretty similar to what you describe. You get about 5 seconds of shooting before they're all in the woods.

The good thing about Texas is that if you know someone who has land then you know someone who has a hog problem. We try to rotate between properties as much as possible and try to pick properties that have incurred recent hog damage or places that we haven't hunted for a while and the hogs have gotten a chance to get comfortable again.

If you're mostly limited to one or a few properties, cellular game cameras can save you a lot of time and guesswork, especially with hogs that have been educated. Aside from that, maybe focus on identifying and shooting the lead sow every time so eventually the only ones left will be young and dumb.

LSB Active Member
awesome thanks rich. yea you bring out a great point about new areas. we have one area on the entire property for hogs and that's the southern end by the river/swamp. maybe 150 acres. it's a cattle ranch and most of the good woods have been destroyed by loggers especially this year all in favor of pasture for forage grasses and in preparation for development(land currently being negotiated with developer). so we bang away in a small area a lot....probably just take what we can get. to the east/west/north is all developments on all sides we have small slivers of woods as a barrier b/t us on that end, but on south it's great swamp!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wow! Lotsa action there.
Nice going.

Keep After 'Em!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dayyuuum. That is a great bunch of video hunts / kills.
Crazy how clear the LWTS video is. Thanks for posting the video!

Randy

Iowa
Incredible video. Thanks for sharing. As great as LWTS is; the white phosphorus night vision just amazes me. I think it just moved up to the front of my next to buy list.

As much as my Gen 2 plus opens up night time stalking...the White phosphorus (if as good in real life as the video) is something you could trust your life on.

LSB Active Member
I have watched this video half a dozen times this is great! my dad went ape. I havebeen totally out of the thermal research gamesince I bought my RXQ 30 last summer. It does all I need it to do, but I want to know about this white phosphorus that was crazy.

You boys are nuts I love it!

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, great huntin!