6.Something

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What he said, Same lower for 556, 223, 300, 6.5, 6.8 all them from one lower. BANG BANG!!
Ahhhh Crap!!!! Now I may have to build one (after my NV update). What to sell? What to sell? How much are kidneys going for on the black market?

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
only need 1 Brian, my be the way to get my thermal!

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I second Brian's thoughts on the 6.5. I shoot a Grendel chambered JP Enterprise, will shoot 1/2" groups with factory AA ammo. Have taken 22 hogs with it in 18 months, most were DRT with shoulder shots.

But the 6.8 has a gleaming reputation too..you can't go wrong with either. Those LWRC and Wilson Combat 6.8's are fine looking rifles

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"Man can not live on bread alone" ...... That being said, it seems that trading 1 kidney for a gun that can get you bacon makes perfect sense!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now Brian, never missing, what fun would that be?

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
'as my saying goes, "don't take it personal, don't make it personal"', posting what you 'heard' or 'read', is one thing, going by facts is another, misleading people by what you think you know is one thing again vs what you actually know.

Dave, have YOU tested ***'s claim? If you have please post your facts. If you have not tested this personally then you don't have facts, only what you've read or heard. I know *** has done more testing then any other 6.8 manufacture.

I just had this conversation with a guy. Both calibers are effective but here is why I think the 6.8 is better. It performs better out of shoot barrels, good selection of hunting bullets and even though the Grendal has better bullet coefficient the 6.8 is faster. At the ranges most of us shoot the higher speed is more useful then the better coefficient.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Zen, I have parts in stock for you or I can build it. Feel free to call me at 214-945-5520.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Dave, have YOU tested ***'s claim? If you have please post your facts. If you have not tested this personally then you don't have facts, only what you've read or heard. I know *** has done more testing then any other 6.8 manufacture.

Eric, you need to read what I wrote again. ***'s claim was not in the post I first commented on. That post said, "Remember *** is the fastest barrel at each specific length as compared to other mfg's"

I said, " it doesn't take in to account twist rate, barrel rifling such as 3R, 4R, 5R, 6R or others and if the land to groove ratio is even, also cut rifled vs button rifled and what type of button rifling such as polygonal, etc."

I never questioned ***'s claim, still not, has nothing to do with what I was commenting on. I said there is much more to it than a blanket statement that ***'s barrels are faster than other manufacturers. I would hope you know that is the case.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL