6.8 SPC II AR pistol 7.5"

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just acquired this today to help a buddy out and will soon be selling it, however I do really really like it! It has been shot out to 50 yrds, very accurate and love the Fed 90 GD ammo. Talk about light and easy to carry, even found I have a thigh/leg holster that carries it well.

It is 1/2x 28tpi 6.8SPCII...so do I just put a thread protector on it, drill out a 5.56 MD, buy an adapter? I don't want ports just need to put blast and noise downrange. That threading thread protector says for a 5.56 but does it matter if I put it on a 6.8 as the end should not restrict right? Thanks

Specs:
6.8 AR pistol 7.5".
I have for Sale a 6.8 SPC II AR pistol.
7.5" Lothar Walther stainless barrel, with proprietary low pro gas block, gas tube and bolt
Redx arms full auto bolt carrier
PSA upper and lower
ATI 8 sided handguard with extra rail attachments and tactical nose cone
Phase 5 pistol buffer
25 round mag
MBUS sights
Only 40 rounds fired through it and all were flawless.
LW 50 stainless steel SPC-II Chambered 1:11.3 twist rate threaded 1/2x24 no MD at this time

7.5- 6.8.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have you tried asking Clint if he can drill out a 5.56 Covert Comp for you? Good lookin' pistola there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No not yet...

PICT0536.JPG PICT0538.JPG

Attachments

• PICT0537.JPG
    PICT0537.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 0

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, I almost like it better than mine but have already listed it in a couple of places

Mine now, I have taken the angle grip off for now
PICT0499.JPG

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The problem with drilling out a 5.56 MD is the finish, as most are made of steel and will rust rather quickly. Unless you have some guncoat and a oven that isn't used for food, or some duracoat to refinish the MD I would say go for it.

As for the thread protector option should be no problem and no drilling required, but I think they look like crap.
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...ors/ar-15-m16-thread-protector-prod27073.aspx

You could always just get a 1/2 MD for a 6.8. I think Black River Tactical could get you squared away or you could just buy one from brownells or something.
info@blackrivertactical.com
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...30-cal-vortex-flash-eliminator-prod25222.aspx

Getting a thread adapter would open up some more options for ya in which MD to go with.

I guess it all depends how much money you want to spend to get the desired look. Personally if it where me I would just drill out a 5.56 MD and blast it with some paint and be done, I probably have a bunch of 5.56 MD's lying around. I hate ordering things to finish a project.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well the pistol will be sold so I want at lease a thread protector on it, not interested in spending much $$ and don't have the equipment or size to drill out a 5.56 MD. So I assume I will go w a thread protector and those will not narrow the opening for a 6.8 bullet?

See the vortex brownells has those slots which do not direct the blast downrange and that is the only way to go really..

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I could probably drill out one of my 5.56 covert comp and give it paint job if you don't mind waiting for me to do the mods. I would see if clint could hook you up first though.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I saw they had a DPMS w the right thread and size but not listed and really did not want to pay $60. I think i will just get a thread protector, it will be at the edge od the hand guard so will not really show. Thanks Wassman! I have a Flaming Pig on mine but will probably switch it to the covert comp just because of the weight.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just an observation. But does the ATF have a problem with a vertical handle on a pistol? If I remember right they do.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No sir the angle grip in the pic is allowed, but a vertical is not. here it is now, making it lighter for the ATN X-Sight!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No sir the angle grip in the pic is allowed, but a vertical is not. here it is now, making it lighter for the ATN X-Sight!

That is good did not want you to get in trouble

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Me too, I checked and double checked!