6.8 spc Gold dot on sale

Discussion in '6.8SPC' started by Msnix123, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Msnix123

Msnix123 New Member

2. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

I use them for breaking in and sighting in as I never had good results hunting w them. They are a fusion bullet and I don't like the 115gr either

3. Msnix123

Msnix123 New Member

I've killed many hogs and a few deer with this bullet. I've been pleased

4. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

yeah just not my experience, just not enough lead. I guess when you can kill w a 223 55gr some people swear by it, the rd is not ideal and the 90 gr fusion is the same thing to me, You are self intentionally crippling yourself when a bigger bullet is better. The 90 gr was made to kill people and that it seems to do OK but has not done that enough to really know.

5. Msnix123

Msnix123 New Member

Well then here's a good deal on some target ammo;)

6. FrankT

got mine for $9 years ago, still a good price for the brass and target ammo...lol

7. Jhop

Jhop LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

One of the guys I hunt with uses that stuff with very good results. I've killed a few with them as well. Shoots flatter than my Hornady 120gr SST's do. The bullet holds together really well too. I've weighed a number of bullets we've recovered from pigs and the weigh anywhere from 70-80 grains. Nice mushrooms

8. Tbar

Tbar New Member

I bought 500 rds several years ago when they were $9 per box. I went ahead and bought another 500 from them the other day which works out to ~ $10.76 per box.

They sure raised their price on them now. Up ~$80.

9. Wray

Wray LSB Member

They're an excellent deer round, on the light side for pigs. I chrony'd a high of 3114 this past weekend with a 22" *** triad barrel.

10. deltav

deltav LSB Member

I know of several hundred hogs that would disagree that this round is on the light side. Most were DRT with shoulder shots using a 16" barrel @ 2850 fps. Having said that, I do like to get in as tight as possible on them....50-75 yard range. Have taken numerous large hogs at over 100 yards although not quite as effective out past that 150 yard mark but still lethal. As always...shot placement is key.

11. FrankT

12. fanninland

fanninland LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Back in stock. Picked up 1k for a little over $9/box shipped.

13. Taco

Taco LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB

I like the gold dot. Kills fine for me and wow for $8 that’s a great deal. Thanks for the heads up I’ve been waiting for this.

14. FrankT

yeah I passed as the shipping was more than $1 a box...ok for making brass though I still have some though