6.8 Ready for Action

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Never had so many issues with a gun but I have learned a lot of what I needed to but my 6.8 is ready to rumble...almost..need a sling set up.
Dpms 16" Gas port was undersized..short stroking, drilled it out 3 times with trips to the range each time. I cut down the sight and made it a low profile while I had it off. Also was double feeding and failing to eject. Ordered a hone and cleaned the chamber, it was full of melonite, neck had scratches pretty bad. Honed the neck area too.
Back and forth to the range changing this, fixing that, new magazines, did not fix problem. Checked bolt(new PRI) unfired, couldn't be that. Finally a new PSA bolt and she fires and ejects nicely!
But...trigger won't reset, what the??? Spikes Punisher lower with stock trigger. Trigger was nicked badly and manufactured wrong, seer area was double grooved, very strange. Replaced with another tonight and tested it and it resets eve6.8 007.JPG ry time. Now I must kill somthin'

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on getting it running. Give an eyeball to the SKT Industries rendition of the two-point sling. Spring for the optional wide pad to add to it. The wide pad also functions as a means to fold/tuck/secure the extra length of sling when stowed in the safe, behind a door, in the truck, etc. One quick tug and it deploys to full length and it ready to use. This sling is similar in design to the Viking Tactical VTAC sling. I have/use both. The SKT gets two higher marks, one for the stowability I mentioned, the other for better ease of use to shorten/lengthen as needed while carrying. SKT's hardware set up just works a little better than the VTAC. Pull one strap to snug the rifle tight to your chest, pull another to release the mechanism... to loosen it enough to raise/fire the weapon. Also has a quick release feature to remove it from your body conveniently.

Here's a link of my review (w/pix).

SKT Industries

chthump

LSB Member
RSD, Reading your post makes me glad I took your advice and purchased one from Eric at BA. Only fired about 15 rounds through it, but it never missed a beat. Got the ammo, just waiting for the weekend to burn through it.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I spent more on range fees and ammo than I did on the lower itself! LOL Ahhh...we live and learn.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Still, it looks like a handy little rifle that you should enjoy for a while. Now go kill something with it and you will feel much better.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Damn, sorry to hear it gave you so much trouble getting going!

I don't see your gopro mount anywhere, how can we live vicariously through you without it?