6.8 mags

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So i have a few 6.8 mags but none are working with my 338 spectre. no matter now i tweak them nothing works. the rounds don't sit high enough at the front to feed reliably. knowing how many around here use the 6.8 i was wondering if anyone has an idea on what mags allow the round to sit slightly higher so that i can use them in my spectre.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
When I had a 50Beowulf upper I made some mags out of 20rd GI mags. For that I cut down the front 1/4 of the mags feed lips. This allowed the 50B rd to sit more nose up. Give this a try if you don't mind dedicated mags for the 338.

Just do a little to a time and try the Spectre rd. --- pruhdlr

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i have a steel mag i use only in my spectre. ill give that a try and see what it does

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
took off about 1/4" and they sit much higher, they hand feed well now. time to do the other side

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If you can find some of the Gen 1 PRIs I bet they would work. Mine are awesome.

Oh and I am loving your avatar...

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use ACS 6.8 mags for my 338 Spectre and so far they are working. A couple did have the legs on the followers cut off and the rounds would tilt nose down..

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mine were laying so flat that almost every bullet would catch and not chamber

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
you can tweak the feedlips, brownells sells a tool specifically for modifying the lips, I have a couple. Be careful though, you don't want to get too high on the front end, otherwise when the carrier comes back, the bolt will drag over the round and can slow it down and cause the next round not to feed

Here is an example of modifying the lips slightly to get the rounds to sit higher in the front for better feeding

before:
148466058.jpg

after:
148466059.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks good now.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor