6.8 gaining steam

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
Went to Bass Pro Shop in Pearland last week and they had 6.8 SST in stock.

I went by Academy tonight (Baytown) for shotgun shells and they had Remington UMC & Core-lokt bonded, Federal Fusion and Hornady Vmax all in 6.8.

I suppose that the 6.8 is gaining popularity......I wonder if it's because DPMS and others are producing 6.8 models.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now if they just came out with some steel cased ammo, then it would launched into another dimension.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Went to Bass Pro Shop in Pearland last week and they had 6.8 SST in stock.

I had the chance to stop there on monday and skipped it because they didn't have anything the last few times I stopped. Just my luck.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice, options are good.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am thinking of buying or building a lightweight AR 308, you can buy a 7.5lb one now, I think it can be built or modified lighter.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
I had the chance to stop there on monday and skipped it because they didn't have anything the last few times I stopped. Just my luck.

They were selling them for $34 a box so you only missed out on a high price, but it was good that they are showing up locally

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
I am thinking of buying or building a lightweight AR 308, you can buy a 7.5lb one now, I think it can be built or modified lighter.

I know DPMS has the GII and *** is coming out with a kit. I'm a huge .308 fan, but since my 6.8 with a 16" Wilson lightweight hunter barrels weighs 5.5 lbs (no optics or mag) and I staulk hunt, the 6.8 is my perfered rig. Anything outside of 300 yds, I use my Remmy 700 in .308.

However, I do like building so I may build a .308 anyway :0

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have been looking at the DPMS, would rather have the ***. just so much more stopping power than the 6.8

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
they finally figured out it is a great cartridge with a huge bullet selection

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you are having trouble finding 6.8 or any other ammo, Ammoseek is a handy dandy resource...
http://ammoseek.com/ammo/6.8mm-remington/Hornady-rifle-120grains-

I also regularly see plenty of 6.8 at Academies in Highland Village and Lewisville...when I am looking for Grendel 6.5. At the Highland Village store, somebody keeps putting Grendel in with 6.8, LOL.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I sure like my 308 in AR10 have mostly used for stand hunts. Have a 308SBR with 12.5" barrel in the works. Not sure what weight is yet. Will advise.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Arnold Galvan

Mckinney, Texas
Frank...I got to try the light weight DPMS 308. I really like it, wish I could afford one. After shooting the 308 , then my 6.8 and then an AK 47, my shoulder was a little tired. LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great, that is what I want to know, the recoil on it