6.8 Build Underway

softballnrd27

I have completed the first step in the build process, ordering parts.
Here is my list:
*** 18" 5R mid-weight Barrel
*** Vortex Comp
*** NiB Bolt
Mega Arms Billet Upper
Anderson Upper parts kit
Seekins Precision NOX 15" Handguards
Midwest Industries low profile gas block
Gas tube
Precision Armament Accu-washer kit
Brownell Armorer's Wrench

Any suggestions on a magazine?

Did I miss anything?

It's amazing how fast it adds up!! When I do recover from this I will build another lower with a Mega Billet Lower.

My current lower is a Mega Forged, Geissele SSA trigger, MagPul fixed stock.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds good! How about bolt carrier and charging handle? If you haven't purchased one I love the AIM Surplus Nib exo bolt carrier group. It's in stock for $115 and matches the *** bolt perfectly. I haven't had any issues with the ASC 15 and 25 round mags so far but I am new to the 6.8.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yer gonna love that *** equipped rig. Mine shoots sub .5MOA.

nonnieselman

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've been most happy with ASC 6.8 mags. And some of the older C-Products. Got several newer C-Product Defense mags that I can't even load half way

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been most happy with ASC 6.8 mags. And some of the older C-Products. Got several newer C-Product Defense mags that I can't even load half way
Have you emailed Chad about them? He's been pretty good about making things right when he knows about 'em.

dman62

LSB Member
I'm a Mega/*** fanboy myself so that looks like a solid build to me. I haven't had problems with the ASC or C-Products mags but most of mine are the 5 rounders. I don't have access to large volumes of swine that need the extra fire power. Be sure to post up pics when you get it all done.

softballnrd27

Everything should be at my house by Monday. The only bad thing is I don't return from my business trip until September 10th

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't see a gas tube roll pin in your list, if you have not ordered yet get a few. Those things get lost very easy.

Good Luck bro

softballnrd27

It comes with the gas tube so hopefully I don't lose it.