5 Stalks, 6 Boars, & 1 Female Coyote

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This hunt was a lot of fun. Dave got a call about returning to a property that we had not been to in months (residents changed) and we met with the owner that said she was getting hit regularly and they were even coming up to the house and rooting around the house and barnyard, which they were. We did a quick demo with her on thermal gear and I pointed out coyotes in her field and asked if she wanted them gone as well. She did, so that is where we started.

We had 3 unsuccessful stalks on property where hogs would Houdini on us, but eventually I think we finally got all that we saw, plus taking two other boars on two other properties.

So this video is all the stalks where we got a chance to shoot.

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
This hunt was a lot of fun. Dave got a call about returning to a property that we had not been to in months (residents changed) and we met with the owner that said she was getting hit regularly and they were even coming up to the house and rooting around the house and barnyard, which they were. We did a quick demo with her on thermal gear and I pointed out coyotes in her field and asked if she wanted them gone as well. She did, so that is where we started.

We had 3 unsuccessful stalks on property where hogs would Houdini on us, but eventually I think we finally got all that we saw, plus taking two other boars on two other properties.

AWESOME VIDEO... I logged on hoping someone had posted a new video and lo' and behold it was a Carpe Canis/Sus compilation... NICE!! I have a coyote skull on my wall with a similarly placed bullet hole in it like the one you bagged. Good stuff!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down!! I've had the same thing happen with cows ... and my friend told me WAIT! Good thing. ; )

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

A sad day at LSB... A.B. is one of the crew by now. May he rest in corn meal and hot oil for abandoning us. Good hunt, fun vid.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great job Brian. Great video as usual.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yet Another Great Video …

Gonna miss ol' Angry Bird.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video brian! And great shooting... even on the "he got up on me!" Hog.

Still don't know how u hunt and make video 9 nights/week.

Jefe

LSB Member
Great vid. Is that red dot superimposed in post production, or is that a function of the Zeus?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great vid. Is that red dot superimposed in post production, or is that a function of the Zeus?

As I explained in the video, the horizontal crosshair doesn't always get recorded on the DVR. So I add in the red dot, post-production, to show exactly where I am aiming. In this case, it was on the IR Hunter MKIII.

The same issue can happen with the Armasights as well.

Jefe

LSB Member
Yeah, I figured as much. I was just kind of hoping beyond hope that they had a new "red dot" feature. Which would be really cool. I think we may be on to something here. Maybe we should call up Trijicon & have them work a few up for us to field test?

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A sad day at LSB... A.B. is one of the crew by now.
I'm with Ratdog. I always looked foreward to seeing AB. Can you get another one?

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He didn't die, LOL. I suspect he will occasionally drop in for guest appearances.
My grandkids come here every day and they always enjoy Angry Bird. The seven year old especially. I think he was more important than you realize.