5 Hogs On A New Property

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Interesting evening. Was headed over to one of my landowner's places and sent him a note and he called immediately and said not to go because he had deer hunters checking out the place, but that he had a neighbor getting hit hard by hogs. Now, I already work for this neighbor on two places he leases, but this was his own land that I had never been on before. I showed up at the neighbor's place and got the nickel tour just well enough to know the limits of the property and where the livestock and houses were. I picked up Jeff and we got setup up on top of a hill that could see about 70% of the property.

Winds were high and much of the newly planted wheat field was up wind of us, but of course the hogs appeared down wind of us about as far away as they could possibly be, LOL.

We found 4 pigs, got the usual pictures, and Jeff stepped off into the tree line to get acquainted with nature and immediately spied a 5th hog down in a low spot just inside the woods...so we redid the pics, LOL. I believe there is a sixth hog down, another Jeff shot, but we could not find it. The treed area where the hogs were when we started shooting is full of gullies.

I fired 5 shots and took out 4 hogs and 1 tree. Jeff fired 4 shots hitting 1 hog twice and possibly hitting a second.

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Never ending slaying!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sounds like you guys are really putting it to the pigs there. Nice going, Keep After 'Em!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice haul of hogs! Jealous you get to hunt so much!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome shooting and patience picking your shots!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done! Excellent patience, timing and aim!