5 down

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
2 nights ago I decided to go check a corn field that I hunt for a farmer. Just a plowed field now but he has been spreading soured corn for about a week or so. Got there a little before dark because he said they have been coming in early. Around 22:00 I spotted a sounder with my W-1000 thermal, on a side note I knew they were pigs at 600 but could "PID" them as pigs at the 250-300 yard mark. I could see 4-5 larger pigs and a mess of piglets and they were about 600 yards upwind :D. Made the stalk to within about 50 yards and went to work. I was using a 6.8 SPC 12.5" suppressed SBR and shooting 95gr TTSX ammo. I had the DBAL D2 on incase they bolted but once I got to shooting position I transitioned the PVS-14 from my helmet to the rifle behind an EOTech. I like this setup because I am hunting for eradication so it's as many as possible and when I try to lead 30 mph pigs I don't like a laser dot just floating around and deflecting of anything it hits. They are hanging about 75 yards from the tree line and I knew I wouldn't have much time once the shooting started before they reached it. I counted 4 130-160 lb pigs any 15-20 piglets of different sizes. Safety off.... largest sow folds like a lawn chair, next sow makes it about 20-25 yards and takes a front shoulder shot and goes down. The 3rd sow was first hit a little far back on the shoulder and kept going. The second shot was in the neck and anchored her. She ended up 10 yards from the tree line. I swing back a little and here are the little piggies, they were a little harder being nerf football size but ended up with 2. Over all good hunt and the farmer was happy, so happy that he's spreading about 300 lbs or corn tomorrow.
IMG_1723_zps2dc85baf.jpg

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job and shooting!!

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks men!! Hunting it again now so hope to have another good night. When I pulled in there was a group of 5 deer and the front and 6 more about half way down. They are gone now, just 3 coons.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice pile you have there. Good job

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How did we do last night, they ever show up?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well you were out there anyway!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Our hogs disappeared during deer season and the winter, are just now coming back, sows w piglets first!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wing one in the leg to slow him down...LOL

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's the way to kill some pigs, good number!
The deer can shut my hunt down, if they blow there warning there won't be any pig for a quarter mile. If I hear them its time to move , sometimes after a 2 hour wait.
I just got a 200 Acer melon field and it is rooted up like I never ever seen. I dug in 25 corn holes and it ran them off. Sure looks like I'm up against some big ol' smart ones.
There might be some other tactic to use in a crop field

Attachments

• IMG_20140205_104609.jpg
    IMG_20140205_104609.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20140205_104615.jpg
    IMG_20140205_104615.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20140205_104820.jpg
    IMG_20140205_104820.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20140205_104830.jpg
    IMG_20140205_104830.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 9

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's the way to kill some pigs, good number!
The deer can shut my hunt down, if they blow there warning there won't be any pig for a quarter mile. If I hear them its time to move , sometimes after a 2 hour wait.
I just got a 200 Acer melon field and it is rooted up like I never ever seen. I dug in 25 corn holes and it ran them off. Sure looks like I'm up against some big ol' smart ones.
There might be some other tactic to use in a crop field
Holy carp! Looks like someone was trying unsuccessfully to learn how to use a back hoe.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lol, chopper....but its really sad the pics only show from where I was standing. That was a small part of it.

Last edited:

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting.......

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Always in Texas with the fun hog hunts. I'm thinking it's time to move

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hell Im having withdrawals I have not shot a hog in two weeks!!!!