400lbs of HOG!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok Ok so it wasn't 1 hog but 4-100 lbers.
Got a GoPro 3 plus today, spent too much time building a mount for it( 357 barrel cut up and welded, anyway don't ask) it did work. I didn't have time to read the directions so just headed out. Needed an hour or more to stalk into an area to look for bedded pigs. Turned the GoPro on a couple times to practice. I was getting ready to head back towards the truck and figured 100 yds more but that was it, wanted to stalk back to truck before totally dark. A few more yds and saw some movement in the brush...hogs! About 60 yds in tight brush looking at me...I turned on the camera and the :beep beep" didn't scare them off. I raised up, had a black one staring at me, thwap, drt. Spotted one stood there, thwap, down, thwap another down , thwap , wounded one, thwap, running wounded, got off a couple more rounds. Ended up with 3 drt and one runner that got pummeled with 1 too many 223, 64 grs. No camera just phone and Gopro. Got home Gopro is awesome.. hogs are hard to see, so much brush but fun to watch. No idea how to download it to here.phone 4 hogs 014.jpg

Attachments

• phone 4 hogs 016.jpg
    phone 4 hogs 016.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 9

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
that's cool, need to upload to youtube and then link here so we can see the action

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome four dead ones, like the picture. Looking forward to some video when you get that thing figured out. Nice going!!! BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good going! you did well!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
outstanding!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fantastic! Nice photo. Hope you can get the video out...

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So I downloaded 6 minutes to youtube, only took 10 hrs. ouch! Looks grainy and poor quality. Must be download speed I assume. Going to need to keep snippits to maybe 2 minutes. Pasted link

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think you need a helmet mount for the cam so you don't keep sweeping yourself with the muzzle...good first video.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very Nice!!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think you need a helmet mount for the cam so you don't keep sweeping yourself with the muzzle...good first video.
Yea Frank, what I need is to keep my mug out of the camera. lol It does look bad, I would edit it if I knew how.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was hoping as you did it the gun would not go off, sacred me! Hey I like the raw footage! How about a shoulder or helmet mount?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang!!!! You know where they hang out fo sure, you had hogs dead all over the place. Nice video. Good on ya!! BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was hoping as you did it the gun would not go off, sacred me! Hey I like the raw footage! How about a shoulder or helmet mount?
The first time I looked at the camera the barrel was pointed off to the side quite a bit and gun was empty , just emptied the clip, so not an issue. When I was standing with the dead hogs it was empty also, I cleaned my clip and the new 30 rd magazine never got put in, you can kind of see I dropped it on the ground. I saw all the hogs were down so I was just trying to get video. But it still looks bad.