40 yard standoff

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
About 9:00 last night I was stalking up to my corn feeder tube where I could hear the hogs feeding. Out of nowhere this boar shows up between me and the feeder about 40 yards away. The feeder was another 100 yards on beyond him. Luckily I was scanning the road ahead when he walked into the picture so I already had my rifle setting on my tripod. One quick shot with a 120sst to the boiler room anchored him. It was a choice chance encounter! The hogs at the feeder scurried around a few seconds before finally deciding to depart. I was mulling over the choice to wait and see if they hung around or putting a quality assurance shot into the boar as he was still kicking and grunting. I bet if I had a silencer I could have for sure got another shot or two at the feeding hogs too but the noise of a shot even from 140 yards away spooked them off.

Hog056x.jpg

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's a big one, and one is infinitely better than none.

Nice going.
Keep After 'Em!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A pig in the hand... nice hog! Good Shooting

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holy cow, that schnoz (alone) needs three zip codes. Good kill!

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Crazy how those things just materialize out of nowhere sometimes.

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

LSB Active Member
that is a nice black and tan yea the can has been interesting to watch how other animals react. no idea what it sounds like to them, but it's not a report that's for sure. shot an armadillo about 50 yards from some does and all they did was look up and then put head down to go back to eating. calves started to drop this week gonna be coyote party for a while can't wait!