4 More Hogs No Longer Feeling Their Oats

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good to see AB Jr. on the scene.

Nice shooting, excellent video, as usual.
Keep After 'Em!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I’m sure he’s glad you’re thinning them out. The man whose property joins me to the south and has some open pasture has about made up his mind to let me hunt on his place. Last time he fed his cows he found more damage. Here’s hoping! Good shooting!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ABJr. is in da house !!! Love the behind the eye shot best. Good/solid kills all there. Kiddo-cookie time!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done.

But I have to ask? Why the facemask? It’s not cold there is it right now?

Anything below 102 is pretty chilly. Notice the long sleeves, multiple layers and vest?

Okay, back to reality. It was a bright moon and I am fishbelly white. I try to hide that as much as possible when needed.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I need to do better at wearing night time concealment color versus whatever I happen to be wearing that day. In my last video I had on a white and green bright colored plaid short sleeve shirt and I did feel like that one hog was watching me approach.

I could see him looking in my direction with the breach when I stopped and set up to shoot. And by that time two of them had started to move off.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't know how much it helps. I just don't want what I am wearing to hurt my chances. You get hogs eating in high wheat/oats/etc., you can probably bring out a disco ball and lasers and still manage to get into shooting range. They can be pretty oblivious, sometimes. Sometimes, they are on alert and anything that strikes them as out of the ordinary will set the off. I figure they are going to see me. I just don't want them to think "human - RUN!"

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job...Alot of DRTs there

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good 1 shot ko's!! Brian the scientist hog hunter .. :D