4 Bacons Down

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Spotted this sounder from my stand as they came out of the treeline. Fumbled around mounting the Zeus to the rifle for a minute or two in the dark (still getting familiar with it), climbed out of the stand and stalked in their direction. During the stalk I also had to angle myself away from the house in the background, which is why you'll notice I held off on some shot opportunities.

The hogs on this property have not been actively hunted much lately. I think that coupled with the fact I was using a suppressor is why they didn't know what to do after that first shot. Either way it worked out in my favor.

The 4th hog DID indeed go down just inside the treeline riddled with holes. He was too far away to drag in for the photoshoot though.

Photo Jan 07, 7 30 11 PM.jpg

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done! What caliber r u shooting and what suppressor are you running? What ammo?

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hey thanks Blakester. Shooting .308 with a SilencerCo Omega. Federal Fusion 165 grns have proven to be accurate out of my rifle and are working well on the hogs. A lot of my shots are going straight through though so I may mix it up sometime this year.

Doing my best to resist the 6.8 fad on the forum but don't know how long I can hold out as this AR10 is HEAVY.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting, and a nice pile of hogs for your efforts too! Good video as well.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was awesome, good shootin!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang nice shootin!! Love to hear those bullets whacken pork!!! Nice video! BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job, you had a plan and did it!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some fine shooting for a new thermal user! Congrats on the hogs down!! AR-10 is a heavy beast but effective

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey thanks Blakester. Shooting .308 with a SilencerCo Omega. Federal Fusion 165 grns have proven to be accurate out of my rifle and are working well on the hogs. A lot of my shots are going straight through though so I may mix it up sometime this year.

Doing my best to resist the 6.8 fad on the forum but don't know how long I can hold out as this AR10 is HEAVY.
great shooting and congrats! i resited that urge as long as i could, but finally broke down and got a LWRC A5... its a phenominal rifle! Having to shoot a few extra times occasionally with the 6.8 pill, but still i'm loving this rifle!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice! Good job. If you like to shoot get a 6.8. Because if you get one you will definitely shot a lot!

D

djones

i was squirming in my seat waiting for the shot(s). don't do that to me anymore!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter