300 blk squib

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Never had a squib before. Hornady 110 zombie max......it was on sale. Bullet is like 4" down the tube. Case full of lots of un burned powder still in the chamber. Primer failure or powder? I cased gun and will mess with it in the am. Will a cleaning rod push it out? Should I worry about my other 10 boxes of ammo? Thanks.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd start with a 1/4" hardwood dowel and a mallet. Bevel (like the initial cut from a pencil sharpener) the end of the dowel which you strike with the mallet to keep it from mushrooming. Shouldn't require more than some good taps.

I'd check the .300WTF forum (shower afterwards... LOL) to see whether anyone else is reporting similar with your lot number of ammo.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Be careful with wooden dowel. If it were to get wedged in beside Bullet it could break off and jam in even tighter.

Please don't ask me how I know this.

After my experience, I would consider using a cleaning rod, or solid brass rod.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I had a bullet lodge in a revolver barrel recently and was going to sacrifice an aluminum cleaning rod. It omly took light taps with a hammer on the rod and didn't even harm the threads.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've had three other people hunting with me that have had squib rounds with the blackout. Different ammo for each that is a high percentage of squibs.