.300 Blackout's first kill.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I bloodied the blackout today. Not quite what I was expecting. Got a squirrel about 20 yards. Complete pass through squirrel ran up the tree jumped to the next and then fell. It was still alive so one more to the head.

The shot was a bit back from the shoulder but this shot usually finishes them with my subsonic .22lr.

Bullet was 220gr round nose 1000fps.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great kill...... had to finish him off huh ?? Next time try to recover one of them 220's so we can see the expansion,ok. Looks like he fell on a stick...is that what finally kilt 'em ??

I will be doing some reloading for my BO tonight or in the AM. Got a ton of the 220 and 190gr SMK's left over from my competition days. Also found some AA5744 and AA1680 at the gun show this past weekend and will see what they yield for velocities. Got 296 and H110 also. Need some Lil Gun to complete my BO experimentation. Want to use the 125gr NosBalTips for hogs and deer if I can find anymore. Got some 130gr TSX and will experiment with them also. --- pruhdlr

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great use of the BO, may be all it is good for(just for silver)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL a 220gr bullet on a squirrel!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I want to use my gopro and film the 458 socom vs a squirrel.

As for the bo, that squirrel is probably the extent of what you would want to shoot at. Any bigger and they will just laugh at you

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Aw jeez not over here to!

Just reporting!!! Hope to hit a hog soon. But I think I want someone with a 6.8 as backup just in case!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Or at least your 22lr lol

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I am still trying to find some info as to weather the 220's at sub will pitch/yaw or tumble upon impact. If so,could be a good killer.

This chambering basically is a 30-30Win and a 7.62X39 at the closer distances. This,depending on the bullet used. All us BO owners have to realize that this chambering was designed for use in a AR,shooting the bigger bullets,subsonic.

My BO is a NEF Handi-Rifle. I got it in this platform SPECIFICALLY because I could use any bullet,at any power level,seated out as far as I wanted,with none of the "problems" associated with a gas gun using magazines.

This gun was cheap,the action is strong,I have the big bullets by the thousands(went to Sierra),and burns a small load of powder. I also got once fired,processed brass pretty cheap,so no hassle there.

Personally....I have no use for the BO in the AR platform or even a bolt gun. These little Handi's come at a cheap price and I happened to find this one "as new" for $275. I have since floated the bbl fwd of the forearm attachment point,installed a ACC brake and have been working the trigger to make it lighter.

I will not get "stuck" on shooting this gun sub or super. It will never see a "can". I just want an accurate load with some of the bullets that I have available. --- pruhdlr

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
I mean the bashing. Geez move on.
James I don't think it's "bashing" more than just ribbing each other about the 300 BO caliber. A lot of these guys came from the 68F.com so we try to have fun at 300 BO's expense. It has it's place in hog hunting but many guys have gone in different directions caliber wise.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just joking around, TLM knows that, gee just havin some FUN.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got your back with the 6.8

Atleast it was quiet-right

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got your back with the 6.8

Atleast it was quiet-right
Yes actually that would have been a good test for the blackout. I just don't trust it. I want to find a lone hog to test it on!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ill bring the socoms out and we can have a few people behind you throwing some big lead