300 Blackout 10.5" VS 16"

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
Very interesting results? It would be quite interesting see how the t-Rex stands up against the heavy bone and shield of bigger pigs. I have no doubt it will kill them but how fast would on average it take for them to expire with a shoulder shot or even a mid body? Just food for thought.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very interesting results? It would be quite interesting see how the t-Rex stands up against the heavy bone and shield of bigger pigs. I have no doubt it will kill them but how fast would on average it take for them to expire with a shoulder shot or even a mid body? Just food for thought.
I killed a 280-290 lb boar with them took several shots but that is a small sample. they 110gr was designed to be anti people, expand rapidly and transfer all energy without over penetration. They have recommended I try the 125gr TREX for hogs.

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
Awesome can't wait to see the carnage that's ensues when those arrive. P.s. I would hate to get hit by one of those! That is if I make it out alive, those petals look wicked.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Interesting results for sure. That 110 TREX opened up wonderfully in the 10.5". I wonder how they would do through drywall. Might be a good home defense round.

Be interested to see how the nosler varmageddon 110 grain and the cheap remington 120 grain OTM do. I've had good luck with them on hogs when I don't have enough 110 barnes or 125 SSTs loaded up.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent video/comparison

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good comparison. It's been like a night and day difference since I quit carrying 8.5" 300 AAC SBR in lieu of a 16" 6.8.
So far the best performing short barrel rifle I have used is the 7.62x39

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah I am going to a 10.5" 7.62x39 upper for my pistol soon and replace my 8.5" 6.8