3 swine down

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Night started off quick with the first hayfield we checked loaded with hogs. I first spotted 2 groups and one large loan boar. Got out and everything ready. Not quite ready though. Was walking along a tree line and one spotted hog crosses in front. Drop the sticks and sling the gun up. Bolt open. Slam the bolt hog stops pull trigger. Gun on safety lol. So he gets away. On to the next group. Get out of the truck and am walking along the same tree line towards 4 large hogs. Get within 100 yards and here stands a big Brahman cow between us so I decided right then that's this isn't going to work. Shot one time and was prepared to start running. The cow took off at least. Well the shot turns my EoTech off and I'm messing with that as a hog runs right by me. After not getting it to work I walk back to the truck pissed off. I don't even know if I hit the hog or not I was so mad I didn't even look. I put new battery in sight and turn on truck lights and was going to drive out. For some reason I got some wild hair to stop on the hill and glass one time. Sure nuff 3 more hogs down at the gate coming into the pasture. Slip up on them and hop out of the truck. The stalk was easy with the gusting winds. 30 yards and I'm flipping the safety off. First sow is drt. 2nd black hog takes one to slow her down so I move to the last red sow. She ate some bullets. I shot her 4 times before she feel and then had to shoot her again with the 30-30. Anyways. I was quite impressed with the sizes. I'd say the 2 red ones break 200# with ease and the black one is about 175#. All in all it worked out and I know one thing I need to practice shooting again! But now as I'm typing this I remember I had 120ssts on top and 110 accubonds that I shot the last sow with. Hmmmmm.....

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good to see you back at it Colby. Good job!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Go Colby, everything turns bad and you still come out w dead hogs!!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
That's a fun evening Colby, congrats....

I hear good things about the accubonds, so surprised on your out come. I planning on using the 100's and not the 110's here soon, just got too many loads and mainly use 95gr TTSX's in my 6.8's and been using 85gr E-tips, which are screaming and should do the job.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, LOOK !!! He's got a big ol' grin on his mug ! Congrats there young man. Nice shootin'.