3 Hunts, 2 Clips, 5 Hogs

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Technical issues are getting me down. The first hunt ended up as audio only. Maybe just as well. We got busted during the count and my hog went into motion. I had a couple of follow-up that sound good on the audio, but no recovery. Cardio Dave managed to keep a bedded boar bedded and it was a big sucker as well. We dragged him over 400 yards uphill to get him out of the pasture. There was no hiding him in the middle of a big pasture, LOL.

The second hunt found us on a hill scanning a large pasture and we saw hogs in the next pasture way to the south of us, but moving toward our pasture. To play the wind, Cardio suggested we get ahead of the hogs which meant charging cross country several hundred yards over a pasture that hasn't been maintained this year. No problem - the hogs weren't moving fast. Mission accomplished, we set up and waited...and waited...and waited... The hogs would not cross into the pasture we were in and it was killing us to see so many so close. We were elevated above the hogs and decided that we could do a single volley on the close hogs and pose no risk to the cattle and so that it what we did. Even in their fear, the hogs refused to run into our pasture. Errrr.

We finished off the night with another pair on our third hunt. All in all, a good evening. I don't have to go to the gym for 2 weeks!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sir Killsalot gettin er done lately! Nice vid Brian! I'll take hunting cardio over the gym any day.... or night

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet! Thanks for the Vid!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
But, even "more gooder" news... you don't need to go see a physical terrorist either. Nice job there Brian. Thanks for giving us city folk some hog hunting... vicariously.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video!

gshock