3 coyotes with the new IR Hunter !

West D

LSB Member
IMG_5325 (1).JPG killed a pig 2 Sundays ago and loaded it up for some bait for coyote hunting . was over a week after baiting I got to check it out . I had a new IR hunter thermal but had beed busy with all the holiday stuff and did not have it sighted in yet . the first time I checked the bait out I just drove the truck to the edge of the field and scanned with Armasight Nemisis mounted on My AR , found a lone pig at about 200 yards not to far from the dead pig I was using for bait I shot at him bt missed the first shot but ended up hitting him on the run but he got away in the brush before I could get anymore rounds in him . I sighted in my IR hunter on another rifle and shot a few rabbits just to check it out . Tonight I wanted to go back out to see if there was any pig bait left and hope for a shot at a coyote . I deciced to kill the truck and walk up to the field where I had the bait , while walking with flashlight on low just enough to see where I was going , I stopped to look around with thermal and there was a coyote in a cotton field not very far from me , I watched him smell around and he just kinda layed down but could still see him throught he unstripped cotton . I could not see the pig bait yet and thought about waiting to check it out before I took the shot at the coyote in the cotton . I decided to go ahead and shoot at the coyote and had to freehand shoot and not use shooting stix , I shot and hit coyote and he went down belly up . I started scanning aound and found three more coyotes in a grass field to my right , I watched the old wise bigger coyote moving away and the two younger coyotes were trying to figure out what was going on, I walked up to fence and found a fence post to rest my rifle and shot and blang flop coyote number 2 , found the other coyote and blang flop #3. I found the bigger coyote in the scope but by this time he was getting out pretty far so I did not try a shot at him . I am really impressed with the IR hunter scope , big ole grin ! all the way home. after all the shooting I drove down to see what was left of pig and she was gone.

Last edited:

JPK

LSB Active Member
Congrats! Glad you like your MK II!

With that many coyotes a little calling might be productive too.

JPK

West D

LSB Member
yes ! I thought about trying to call the last coyote but with all the shooting I decided not to call. I have a calling chair that I use that fits in the bed of my truck and it makes it nice for calling and shooting .

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work! Congrats on the scope! Glad it's working out for u

West D

LSB Member
that was my first triple ! thx to the IR Hunter Mk2 . I had a Pulsar 38a for my first thermal and was really happy with it , now that I have the IR hunter I see what everybody is saying about how clear they are. I feel like the money is welll spent on the IR hunter.

West D

LSB Member
Well I hate to even post this without any pics but the IR Hunter has really paid off . I have killed many more since the first triple I shot . The 17 Tactical is a coyote killer with the right bullet combo . I have a friend that is going to coming to go coyote hunting in a couple of weeks he loves taking pics so we will post pics then . thx! Mark

Reactions: JPK

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

West D

LSB Member
here is 2 nights of calling and shooting with IR hunter . My buddy from Iowa came in and we called wendnesday night and thursday night . pictured shows 8 coyotes but we killed 3 more that night after pics . we had great calling conditions and had 2 doubles and one triple . I used electronic and mouth calls .

Attachments

• IMG_5325 (1).JPG
    IMG_5325 (1).JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 9

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesomeness hanging up right there !!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
here is 2 nights of calling and shooting with IR hunter . My buddy from Iowa came in and we called wendnesday night and thursday night . pictured shows 8 coyotes but we killed 3 more that night after pics . we had great calling conditions and had 2 doubles and one triple . I used electronic and mouth calls .
Heck ya!! And a GOOD ON YA for that one. That is a mess of furs!! BANG BANG!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Now that's how you put a hurting on them!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that is a lot of yotes in an area, ya'll are laying them down!