3 Coyotes, 3 Hogs, 3 Nights

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The family took off to see a bizarre art exhibit in Santa Fe and I stayed home and got to do a bit of extra hunting. High temps on the days of the hunt ranged from 108-114 in the hunting area and it usually was down to the chilly low 90s while I was out hunting. While we didn't see a lot of hogs, we did see a lot of coyotes, though we only went after a few, in part, because we wanted to find hogs and not waste our time dealing with the coyotes.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shootin' Brian. it's tough to stay after the critters in this Heat.
Just like the temps you endured, my acurite weather station read a high of 114 degrees yesterday...
Come on Fall weather!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The reduced humidity has been nice, so things are miserable, but not unbearable. I am used to the summer heat where you just stay damp with sweat all night long and here recently, that hasn't been an issue.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, it's been hot! The humidity may be bearable in N. Texas, but further south it's still an issue. Going out next week myself, planning on being inside during the afternoons as much as possible.

Three hogs, three coyotes, sounds like a good few nights. Wish I could put down running hogs with half the consistency you display.
Keep After 'Em!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We’ve got reduced humidity today and for some reason I’m headed home home?

Actually I’ve developed a little bit of a sinus infection and think one of those fishbowl margaritas from the local Mexican restaurant might make me feel better.

Nice job on the nuisance animals.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good chootin' B ! Those danged Moo-Deer... they just gotta swing their junk on the camera for ya. Between them stank stick-tails and the tripod, yer just purgin' that gene pool. Nice work.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting! Looks like a couple of the pigs had good snouts on them!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lotta Bang flops there. Well done! And yes this heat and humidity is rough..

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love the smell of dog critters in the morning! Great job!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good chootin' B ! Those danged Moo-Deer... they just gotta swing their junk on the camera for ya. Between them stank stick-tails and the tripod, yer just purgin' that gene pool. Nice work.

The moo-deer were definitely an issue for me. I like it best when they just ignore me or move slowly out of the way. I don't like it when they try to actively participate in my activities.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No one squeezes more juice out of a hunt than Brian...regardless of terrain, time restriction, weather or target opportunities.

And that’s a powerful thang.

We don’t like to think about it, but if we’re lucky (?) and live long enough, a day will come when our mental / physical capabilities will no longer allow us to hunt.

At that time, I imagine that we will give anything to shoulder steel for just one more hunt...or even drag a hog across a field and feel the ache in our arms and sweat on our brow.