2nd Boar Hog with Pulsar XP 50/Barnes 110 gr TAC TX

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This is second time I've used the Barnes Bullet 110 grain TAC TX. I'm a reloader and pushing them with Lil'Gun powder. Winchester primers. First ran about 40 yds and this one DRT. Exit hole about size of a Quarter! About a 55 yard shot. Sorry forgot to hit record buttonGranDad 3 11.25.17.JPG

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
These bullets are used exclusively in my RARR and my NEF Handi Rifle chambered in 300Blk. They kill !! Both deer and hogs.
We have also swooped up some 130gr Barnes TSX looking bullets that were pulls from the Remington Hog Hammer factory loads. These bullets are solid copper but with a longer ojive than the 130's offered by Barnes to reloaders. --- pruhdlr

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some damage on that hog! Happy hunting!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
From our expierance,the black tips work best if terminal velocity is >2000fps and you hit bone going in.
Also a 1:7 twist gun is better. Rotational velocity helps the bullets expansion. --- pruhdlr

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
From our expierance,the black tips work best if terminal velocity is >2000fps and you hit bone going in.
Also a 1:7 twist gun is better. Rotational velocity helps the bullets expansion. --- pruhdlr

I'm getting about 2300 fps. I'm shooting Radical Firearms 16" barrel with 1:8 twist. With my reload formula I'm getting 1" MOA at 50 yds.
I did not measure this hog because he was so caked in mud but I estimate he's approaching 200#
GranDad 2 11.25.17.JPG

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looks like someone tried to fit him for a cement overcoat!