270AR

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
************** is producing another Wildcat AR barrel/bolt combo, this time the 270AR, so I jumped on board and built one.

Cases can be made from 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5x47, .308, etc, but I like forming the 6.5x47, but will require neck turning and reaming. Even the 6.5C I believe needs to be at least neck turned.

Anyways, this thing will spit a 130gr bullet out well past 2800 fps, should do close to 3000 fps with a 120 and close to 3150 with a 110gr and so on.

Trying out a new stock on this one, similar to a Magpul PRS, but half the price and close to 1/2 pound lighter, called a Luth-AR MBA (Modular Buttstock Assembly).

I believe the 6.8 has a water capacity of around 35gr, the 270AR is almost 45gr with some brass

Here are some different cases:

L to R: .223, 6.8, 270AR, 6.5 Creedmoor
medium.jpg

original.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave, you build a Purdy rig... you even make an industrial shelving fore end look like it belongs. Fine lookin' rifle there Kemosabe.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
ya know, I actually hate that handguard and it may come off at some point...lol, love the stock though, it is a Luth-AR MBA, adjusts like a Magpul PRS, but close to a 1/2 pound lighter and costs half...

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ya know, I actually hate that handguard and it may come off at some point...lol, love the stock though, it is a Luth-AR MBA, adjusts like a Magpul PRS, but close to a 1/2 pound lighter and costs half...
That stock is sweet. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that cringes at the sight of those key-hole things. I know, they're the coming rage, consistency between brands as an industry standard... but I'd like to slap the guy that chose 'em. LOL

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
you see the prices to buy the keymod picatinny add-ons, geez, and it didn't come with any and costs over $200, I need to get a couple, one for mounting a bipod when I want to use one, and one for a IR or other light when hog hunting

the idea behind that Seekins SP3R is more of a 3-gun rail, it has flats on the bottom and sides for you are square when shooting on or against a barricade, etc.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was excited about the new APCustoms carbon octagonals... until I saw those key-holes on 'em.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice looking rifle. I have been thinking about building one in 270AR myself. I like the balistics of the 130 Berger.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
yea it is a thumper for sure with the heavier bullets, I have mine together, but playing with different brass to figure out what needs to be reamed or turned, been doing some fire forming in the garage with bullseye powder and cream of wheat to see what happens with the brass and so I can bump the shoulders back around .004", rather than shooting a bunch of bullets downrange