22lr threaded barrel options out there

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 437, Feb 12, 2018.

1. 437

437 LSB Active Member

I wanna get dad a 22 rifle so he can come shoot with me or borrow my Thunder Chicken and rock it on his own. The Ruger 22's are all I've ever been exposed to, but I know there gotta be other solid threaded barrel 22's out there. Would love ot know whatcha have so I can start looking.

2. Bacon8tor

Bacon8tor LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

CZ makes some nice bolt action 22s. Also the savage fvsr.

3. 437

437 LSB Active Member

ok nice thanks

4. Rookie

Rookie LSB Member

I like my Ruger 10/22 with the Tactical Solutions barrel. It's designed to have a suppressor but still be short.

SB-X™ Threaded Barrel

5. hdfireman

hdfireman Blackstone Arms SUS VENATOR CLUB Vendor LoneStarBoars Supporter

Another for Tactical Solutions

6. chthump

chthump LSB Member

Browning T-bolt, there tack drivers

7. fanninland

fanninland LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

For an easy 10/22 barrel upgrade, I vote TacSol here as well. I picked up a 10/22 off another forum that has no Ruger in it - all Tacsol or Kidd. The Tacsol 16” threaded barrel and Kidd trigger paired with a Tacsol Axiom can make it perhaps my most enjoyable firearm to shoot.

If you are thinking complete gun with threaded barrel definitely consider a CZ 455 as its solid out of the box with many cool (or dare I say tacticool) upgrade options down the road.

But before buying a 455 I would check out the new .22 bolt action that Tikka is releasing - the T1x - if it shoots anything like my T3 .223 it should be a really nice option.
    T1x

Also, you can go as far down the .22 wormhole as you want over at Rimfire Central forums.

8. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

I have the Sig 522 as accurate as any and looks like an AR with a folding stock

9. ZapEm

ZapEm LSB Member

I bought the Savage “Troy Landry” edition last year. Great trigger, big bolt handle and very accurate. Threaded bbl too. I got the 22 mag but they make it in 22 also. Less than $400. I screw my AAC 223 suppressor on it with my Zeus 75mm. Very quiet and deadly.