2 Trapped hogs..1 Big Boy

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow that hog was giving you the what for and where too!! Thought he was going to flip it over and come running after you.....

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That ol boy wanted some Dan for breakfast! Nice video!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought he was coming at one point...I jacked up my back yesterday and can hardly walk today but I managed to climb to the top of the fence and shoot him some more from there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
badass hog right there! Nice job Dan, you do need a 45 though

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok, so I talked to the ranch lady, she said she set the trap a week ago because hogs were in the front yard, I asked what she baited it with. She said horse feed, small horse feed pellets, go figure, biggest I have caught and it was on basically pellets of hay/alfalfa.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video. Big ole boar.
I got confused on the 1st video, I thought you were going thru the fence then he raised the pen up and all of sudden you were back across the fence from him! Lmao.
Way to go Dan!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big ol tough mean piggly wiggly

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That hog is/was some kind of upset. Boy was he pissed!!! He wanted to rumble and get some. Dandy hogs there Dan. Yet another adventure of yours?:) BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That ol' boy meant bidniz, fo-sho! Them cutters wanted to carve up some leg of Rattlesnake and a rump roast.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WOW! Thats a bit sobering of how dangerous it could be when we all are out in the fields hunting them in the dark.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i've heard on the internet that hogs aren't dangerous. all that cage butting and teeth snapping was just a bluff. i would have just kicked him in the nutts.
Why in the world would you want to kick Dan in the nuts? He seems okay to me.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Why in the world would you want to kick Dan in the nuts? He seems okay to me.
Well... the jury's still out on that, however, he's sure a likable feller.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a place where the fields are tore up from hogs. I go with rifle and light early in the mornings but hasn't worked out. (yes, I need Thermal).
Have 2 traps set but these hogs do not trap easily. Set a giant trap....5' tall, 5' wide and 10' long made with 2" angle iron and cattle panel. It is stupid heavy, but I cut the bottom out of it last week to lighten it up. Still hard to load and unload on trailer. So an entire week and 1- 60 lb hog. Not very good results but I finally got to shoot my Lipsey Ruger 44. trapped pig.jpg

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Most important section of the story is in the first four words: "I have a place..."

Actually getting property to hunt on is the hardest part of hunting here in Texas.

Congratulations on earning the ability to be on it.

And in my opinion - even when it goes perfectly - trapping is the toughest way to bring in the hooves.

Nice job.

Last edited: