2 Shots, 3 Kills

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That’s pretty cool! I thought I saw dirt fly up behind #3, indicating the expected pass through. I will be interested in seeing the damage the bullet caused. Good shooting!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
THAT be sweetness right there! It's a special kind of day with a two-fer! Congrats. Nice follow-up for #3 too. If there was enough downward angle, you MIGHT be able to metal detect that second round. Nice job!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice! Your patience was rewarded.
Good shooting, nice second shot, too.

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On that first shot and definitely the second, judging from the impact behind him, it didnt seem to have much deviation. I'm not getting that kind of pass through with the factory 6.8 120sst's.

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On that first shot and definitely the second, judging from the impact behind him, it didnt seem to have much deviation. I'm not getting that kind of pass through with the factory 6.8 120sst's.

Same here. Hardly ever get any pass throughs with the SSTs. I'm open to suggestions. Would like to try something in 6.8 that will go through all the way.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would regularly get through and throughs with Grendel SST 123 gr. when the MV was >2500 fps and would do so on hogs up to 225 lbs going through the boiler room. My first 4 twofers were all with Hornady Grendel SST 123 gr. factory ammo. These likely were not complete bullets, but just part as they often were coming apart while passing through on the hogs I necropsied. On medium-sized hogs like these, I through and throughs are pretty much a given on the broadside shot.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice killing performance with these pills. Always enjoy the added bonus of your necropsy work. You'd THINK that with their "it needs educational value' claim, YouTube wouldn't flag your necropsy inclusions. But, you can't really expect that the "left" will follow their own rules when something doesn't fancy their agenda.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Same here. Hardly ever get any pass throughs with the SSTs. I'm open to suggestions. Would like to try something in 6.8 that will go through all the way.
If you roll your own, try the Cavity Back Bullets in the 105 and 120 grain (hunting pills) weights. Robert is reportedly working towards offering these as factory loads eventually, and I think he was also going to try and call them "+P" and load them to SPCII velocity. Waiting with baited breath. He's over on 6.8 forums as Yamaraja.