2 More in Bosque County

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another hunt in the oats. We were watching a lone boar for about 45 minutes, hoping it would move in a direction where we could shoot safety. It was slowly making it that way and we got set up to shoot when we heard the squeal and then a couple of grunts from a sounder that I thought was off in the distance, but popped up from behind a ridge about 90-110 yards distant. It was north of us with a south wind and thinking we would get busted again, opted to shoot.

I am sure there is some theory somewhere that says that predators have the ability to recognize sick/injured/weak/defenseless animals and tend to focus on them. That poor sow was shot 4 times, 2 for each of us. I am afraid the racing stripe down the side of her was my shot as she was trotting toward us. The little 80 boar was mine.

Two more runners were hit but not recovered. One went east and one went west. We searched for 90 minutes before giving up.

In the confusion of having the sounder appear in front of us, I forgot to hit record. :mad:

A little after 12:30 am, we made a donation to the TBPS in ********'s name.

100_2377.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice killing guys!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to go Brian.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You are turning into a hog killin' moshene.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hogs !! I'm sure you're remaining in good graces with the East Texas Chapter Pres. of the T.B.P.S. ******** has his hands full with that job.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job most of my hogs have moved a few miles down the road to the wheat. But they harvested it last week so the should be back soon if the grass is not to tall now!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Brian.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks! It is a 2 hour drive to get to this place, but for the time being, it has hogs, so we will keep coming back. Next week, we are planning on trying to get some of the hogs BEFORE they get into the oats. If that fails, we know where to find them. ;)

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nicely done