2 Boars Headshot & a Coyote

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Decent hunt from last evening. The storms moved through earlier in the day, dropping the temps and raising the humidity. There was a nice breeze, but with the humidity up, it felt more like August hunting should feel, nasty.

On the first hunt, heifers followed me around everywhere I went. Three were particularly touchy-feely and stayed with me as much as possible. On the good side, the cattle made for good visual and audible cover for my twilight approach on some hogs.

Managed to shoot 3 on the first property, but only recovered one. Hog #2 ducked down into a pond basin and I saw her leaving the area as I made my way to the gates. By the time I got down to where I could see the area again, she was gone. Hog #3 made it to the neighbor's property. FYI, the time stamp reads 2245 hrs and should be 2045 hours.

The second hunt was for a long boar, but when I got to his body, I spied a coyote come across the fence from the neighbor's property and then head my way. She was summarily dispatched as well. ;)

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting! Those two boars went down in a hurry. The exit on the coyote was very impressive. Good hunt!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You bovine lover-boy! You must bring cookies for the ladies too.

Winkie's yer huckleberry. He just had to come and get some. Nice patience on that shot.

That 'yote looked like you unzipped her with a machete. Good stuff.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, the Speer TNT apparently opened up, came apart, and looked to have taken out a section of spine or the tops of the vertebrae, anyway, between the shoulder blades.

As for the heifers, we are just friends, really!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You got some new best friends! Not bad hunting buddies really. Now train them to drag the hogs to the bone pile.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good coyote and hog down!