2 Boars & a Sow down in the woods

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got invited to check out a buddy's place in northeast Texas and his hog situation. The video doesn't do it justice. We saw hogs several times, but this was the only time we got shots on any.

I have ridden around in several UTVs of various landowners. I find it interesting when the owners shout at me how quiet they are. His was Mule and it was actually very quiet such that we could have a normal conversation while traveling through the woods and such. No shouting involved. I was quite impressed. And riding sure beats walking, LOL.

Sad part of the night, we stopped in the woods about 50 yards from a field. He had on night vision (PVS-14) and I was using thermal to scan the field as we approached. He was behind me and saw something odd in the woods just off the trail but I was a few steps in front of him and passing by a bedded hog when he finally realized what it was (I think as it stood up after I passed by). Out of respect for not scaring the poop out of me, he didn't shoot it. LOL!

Even so, a good night of hunting and I got to see some new areas where I had never been before...

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Your friend is highly considerate.
My buddies would likely have shot that hog — multiple times — and then acted annoyed when I said I needed an underwear change.

Good job on the hogs!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My friends would not have been as nice either. Video looks like my neck of the woods. All kinds of things in the woods at night ! Good job on the hogs! Good Shooting!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a pretty kind friend, indeed. He must not enjoy "fun". LOL Solid trailing/killin' right there. Promote him to full-time driver too.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down!! My friends and I would of back tracked and shot that bedded down hog. Then we would of wonder why the heck WE didn't see that hog.