1st hogs with Reap

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Went out last night 12/23/16. Saw 2 lone boars in the rice field about 1/2 mile away from eachother when I arrived. Pretty sure they cut and drained the rice, it seems a lot shorter and not all underwater...The video cable came loose bc i havent gotten the battery pack/dvr situation set up right yet with the new Reap-IR, so i put it in the brass catcher, which didnt work out too well (I planned on figuring that out after i threw out some stinky bait, but they were there when i arrive). "Video" is of the first boar.. On the 2nd boar the cable came completely unplugged before ever pulling the trigger. 1st boar seemed to be more bigger.. took the shot at maybe 200 yards.. he ran about 30-40 yards and went down in the rice. The 2nd boar was about 150 yds when i shot and ran about 25 yards, stopped, wobble wobble, shake it shake it'ed and was falling over as i took the 2nd shot.. i saw him and his legs go belly up. Too many snakes to go walking through the rice and the boots arent 100% waterproof when fully submerged and didnt wanna risk it...
Im going back tonight, and will hopefully have the video situation under control! I might be able to take a 4 wheeler around the property and through the rice if its doable

Last edited:

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Merry Xmas!! I've seen the Reap IR .... man that thing is clear!