1st blood with new rifle

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Jake, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Jake

Jake Bandera, Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Hey I've considered trying to rig an ir laser on it, could be a pretty cool nv kill!

2. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

You will just have to wait 5 minutes for the air to clear to see if you got it.

Ratdog68 and Jake like this.
  3. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I did the in-line muzzle loader for years in Colorado. It offered an extra season and most were "High Country" mule deer or elk tags where it was wet and snowing/raining and they added that extra level of protection to get off a "wet" shot. We also shot prairie dogs out on the prairie with them, lot of fun. One thing I noticed, when it got real cold, say 10-20 degrees, the barrel must really contract because it would throw the shot off pretty bad. I missed an elk at 50 yds bedded down in a snow storm, shot way over it after a long hard stalk. Went to camp and shot again and it was high by about 18". Wow. Got back to 5000' level at home in the sun and it was dead on again. Learn the hard way.

Jake likes this.
  4. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

I think it shoots better than this, on that particular day, I was sporting a 101* fever. I snagged that up for $150. It looked nasty when I bought it, stunk of cigarette smoke. A good cleaning, some Flitz metal polish, and some wood cleaner/paste wax... and it purdied up just fine.

Jake likes this.
  5. nathan koepp

nathan koepp Cibolo,TX

Lovin it lovin every bit

Jake likes this.