1911 Kill.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We found a low area with a little creek running trough it lots of hog sign and nest, definitely a bedding area. There were two well worn trails one right along the creek, the other back up a the hillside following an old fence line.

Decided to set up shop in between the trails but with a vantage point over looking the creek trail since it looked to be the most used of the two. Just as the sun was coming up I hear a hog snorting and moving to me. But it was on the upper trail behind and above me!

It seemed like an eternity but finally the hog came down the trail and into view. Lucky for me she stopped to eat something just 15 yards from me!

So I drew my 1911 took aim Bang, squeal, dirt dance! This was my first hog kill with the 1911 used a 230gr Ranger STX.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, the good guys lived happily ever after. (Love happy ending long time) LOL

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is the first pic I have seen you smile in. You must of had alot of fun bagging that one.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice kill with the pistola. Ive been dying for the opportunity to use my 1911 on a hog just for kicks

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you I've killed three more with it since this one! Well three more adults. No telling how many piglets lol!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
NICE to see/know the .45 ACP is no slouch on game. I hear lots of talk on how it works ok on people, but not on game. I know of at least ONE hiker in Denali Park (last year) who surprised a brown bear, it charged. He emptied his 1911 into the bear and it broke off into the woods. Fish and Gave recovered the dead bear the next day.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Like everything else ammo plays a big role. I have +p rangers. Relabeled black talons.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to know... hadn't heard the Rangers were relabeled Black Talons. I've been hording a box of those for a long time.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to know... hadn't heard the Rangers were relabeled Black Talons. I've been hording a box of those for a long time.

They call the razor edges petals now not talons lol! Its all how you word it I guess. And instead of a black coat they are copper.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'll never forget that news interview with that knucklehead, Daniel Patrick Moynehan (or however you spell his name) with Katie Curic... he was layin' it on THICK describing how they cut and tear, while they destroy and kill. And, I'm thinkin' to myself... yeah? And? Yer point is???? A bullet that's doing its job, ya dink. That was the beginning of the end of the Black Talons on the store shelves.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
nice, I've been carrying my Kel-tec PMR-30 when i'm at the lease, will eventually give one a headache with it

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a few boxes of .45 I have been itching to run through my p220

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't hardly shoot paper anymore. If it don't blow up, do something cool, or die I'm not shooting it. HDfireman and Afalex1 got a good laugh at me saying this for some reason. I dont get it.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck... I'd be happy to be able to shoot further than 100yds. AND be able to load more than one round in the mag at a time. (Rifle)

Pistola? W/O a brass catcher... don't really like shootin' at the range.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sounds like a colorado type issue