18 for the weekend. (Sounder #1)

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well like the title says 18 hogs down for the weekend. Think it would be to long to write the whole thing so will do this in parts sounder encounter by encounter.

Friday the 13th the super moon was out it was still hot 83 degrees and 77% humidity. We have had 16 inches of rain in the last two months, the yearly average is 17 inches! Three inches alone Thursday night! There was standing water everywhere so I was pretty much confined to the main roads with the truck. The drought is over and the hogs are back! Spotted a black spot with the pvs off by one of the ponds. Per google earth it was 419 yards. Watched it for several minutes but it never moved which is not typical for a hog. Used the mtm and it was warm but not like what a hog normally looks like through thermal, high humidity is hard on thermals so I tried the w1000 it was definitely something alive.

So I sloshed the 400 yards to the pond (should have worn my knee high boots). Sure enough it was a hog laying in the mud asleep at the ponds edge! As I took aim another hog comes around the dam walks up to the first hog. Decided to take the standing hog for my first. Pop thud #1 is down DRT #2 the sleeping hog jumps up and stumbles right as I fire making my shot hit high, second shot is a rear end shot you see hot chunks fly with the thermal as the 120sst bullet exits. Then a third fourth and fifth hog jump up. They were laying in a low creek that feeds the pond. Hit the third on on the run but he keeps going, number four goes down DRT, Then I find hogs number #2 & #3 and put a finishing bullet in them both. Hog number five escaped for another day.

MAKE SURE YOU WATCH IN 1080 OR 720 RESOLUTION

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
These on video too?

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I like the added rush to the ambush when I get several pop ups !! What magazines you using an round count. Man I got a pri 25er that won't feed with 14. Have had problem with c products 25 with 18, they are gtg with 15. Its the same case with my saami BM and RR spec 2.
A 120 gr. Will provide more gas pressure than a faster 90 gr. on the bolt. Powder burn rate is also a big factor.

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the added rush to the ambush when I get several pop ups !! What magazines you using an round count. Man I got a pri 25er that won't feed with 14. Have had problem with c products 25 with 18, they are gtg with 15. Its the same case with my saami BM and RR spec 2.
A 120 gr. Will provide more gas pressure than a faster 90 gr. on the bolt. Powder burn rate is also a big factor.

I have several PRI's and ASC load out to 2.295 with no issues. I never load any of my rifle mags to the max leave two out.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love it...good shooting, getting spoiled now, without video it did not happen...LOL

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
On the 3rd hog, looks like you missed low the first shot, didn't hear as hit, but apparently not unless it was taking a rest, lol. Where did the first shot hit it?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
NERY NICE

how far away was the tree line?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On the 3rd hog, looks like you missed low the first shot, didn't hear as hit, but apparently not unless it was taking a rest, lol. Where did the first shot hit it?
Took off the front right leg. Poor thing. Well it was still attached just not working properly.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Todd, I don't know if you noticed, but when you shoot at the second hog that was laying down, watch to the far right of the screen, another hog jumps up, looks even bigger and runs to the right off the display

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is the hog that runs from right to left he was up on the dam runs down behind it then across.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Call it ' the dam dyslexic hog' Rt to Lt, or maybe not. Lol

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

rgilbert

LSB Active Member