175lb(ish) Boar Down

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
This was the first hog that I've killed since April. Admittedly, I've been enjoying getting some extra sleep at night being that there is nothing out right now destroying my pastures and hay meadows.

However, I woke up around 0200, and fought it until 0220 before I finally caved in and walked down across the creek to check a couple of meadows.

I was quite surprised to come up on a boar in an area that has not had damage in quite some time. Something had irritated him, and he had quickly spun around and made a 10 yard circle before I got to recording, so I took a more hasty shot.

I thought I was closer...that's my excuse anyways :). Either way, I zinged one just over his head and started him running before I put two high into his shoulder. The entrance holes were maybe 2-3 inches apart and are in the video. I gave him a coup de gras with my pistol as I walked up, maybe that is why there was blood from the entrance holes. Only one of the 120gr SST bullets exited.

Dry spell BROKEN.
20190715_Boar Sandy Field 1.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good lookin' boar. Always nice to spill game blood.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good looking boar. Good shooting to put him down. Maybe you can get your hay in before they come back in force.